There are no definite rules about when children can and can’t go to school with a cough. You (and your child if old enough) will have to make a judgement about whether or not it is sensible for your child to attend school. For further guidance see the NHS choices website.
Here are some of the things you might think about:
- Is your child too unwell to take part in normal school activities
- Is your child able to play / read or do they need to rest/sleep during the day?
- Does your child have a fever?
- Children with fever should not generally go to nursery or school
- What is your nursery or school’s policy on attendance with cough?